Australian Wildlife Conservancy: Christmas Gala
Australian Wildlife Conservancy is the largest private owner and manager of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife across more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre, and the Top End.
Christmas is around the corner, with 23 days left to go! With that being said we couldn't be more ecstatic to be feeling the Christmas joy with our series of Christmas Gala Events.
charityBay is excited to be hosting an online 'Christmas Gala' for Australian Wildlife Conservancy, which will run from Wednesday 9/12/20 - until Wednesday 16/12/20. For this Christmas season, let's spread that same Christmas spirit and love to those who need it most, so tune in on Wednesday the 4th, to have a chance at bidding/winning this year's offering of unique items and experiences. Here are some of the many unique item/experiences available for grabs:
- Uplift your space $2000 voucher - Uplift Your Space is a decluttering and home organisation service that works with clients to tailor solutions that maximise the functionality of their spaces and minimalise clutter in their homes. Learn more here.
- Indigenous Cooking Class by Mabu Mabu - Mabu Mabu acknowledges the many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities who have been gathering, growing, harvesting, and using Indigenous ingredients for over 60,000 years on the lands now known as Australia, in particular our chef's cultural heritage; the Komet Tribe of the Meriam People of Mer Island in the Torres Strait.
Australian Wildlife Conservancy is the biggest private (not for profit) owner and/or manager of land for conservation in Australia. As a leader in the field, their mission is the effective conservation of all Australian native animal species and the habitats in which they live.
Australian Wildlife Conservancy was borne out of one man’s mission to turn back the tide of extinction of Australia’s native species. Starting with one property in south Western Australia, Martin Copley began a journey which would lead to the creation of Australian Wildlife Conservancy and the creation of a new model for conservation.
Through support from donors and innovative partnerships with Indigenous groups, governments and landholders, AWC now owns, manages or works in partnerships at 30 properties across the nation, covering almost 6.5 million hectares.
Through this network of large-scale wildlife sanctuaries in remote and iconic regions, such as the Kimberley, Cape York, central Australia and the Top End, AWC protect some of the nation’s most iconic and endangered wildlife including:
- 72% of native mammal species (207 species)
- 88% of native bird species (541 species)
- 54% of reptile species (523 species)
- 54% of amphibian species (127 species)
Over the next few weeks, charityBay will be hosting an online 'Christmas Gala' for selected charities. The event supports charities by auctioning off items on our platform, which then allows the buyer/bidder to bid for unique items, and then the funds generated, will go to that particular charity. Come along this Wednesday to support AWC, by bidding on an item that gives twice this Christmas.
Posts You’d Might Like
- 17th September 2021 12:17:pm by
- Shaivya Sharma Sharma